DD3, stairs and stairwells without the arrows?

Hello, all. I've been creating maps with DD3 and loving how good they can look (especially with layers activated!), but I've a major complaint about the stairs. Those ugly fat arrows just have to go. The shadows on the steps are more than enough to indicate the up/down orientation, if that's what the arrows are for. Is there anywhere to get new symbols for stairs that don't have the arrows on them? So far, searching has pointed me towards the CSUAC pack, but downloading and going through all the baseline files available at the GM's apprentice doesn't seem to show any actual staircases/stairwells, though there's plenty of other stuff that'll come in handy. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Symbol Set 2 Fantasy Floorplans has additional UP DOWN features that come with and without the indicator arrows. You might want to look into that. Also remember that you can convert any .png into a symbol with relative ease. So if you find an image of stairs that you like can you easily make your own stairs.

I've been working on some spiral stairs as well that I'll include here for you. They are works in progress but you might find a use for them. They only thing to mention is that the wall shadows are only rendered from the NON transparent sections of the image so you might need to use a separate sheet and/or create a "wall" section to generate shadows the way you want.
  • Excellent, thank you very much!