Windows Vista vs. Windows 7

Hi Everybody,
I just got done testing CC3/DD3/CD3 on Windows 7, 64 bit and compared it to my Windows Vista 64 bit. Windows 7 beta test does not turn up any of the errors I get with Vista, and works faster.

I would definately recommend Windows 7 for CC users. I installed 7 besides Vista on a separate partition.

Rick

Comments

• I had a bug that killed my mapping in Vista, when I wanted to add the texturize effect for sheets or the dispace effect CC3 died.
  • jaerdaphjaerdaph Traveler
    I never upgraded from WinXP to Vista and honestly, it's going to take a lot from Microsoft to earn my trust back after the fiasco that was Vista. My next computer will almost certainly be a Mac that dual boots WinXP. I'd been using that for work and I loved it - best of both worlds.

But many thanks for sharing your observations and experiments with Win7 - perhaps you and others can convince me otherwise. :)
  • I'm using Windows 7 RC 64bit and am loving every part of it. It beats Vista/Xp/OSX imo. I'd even prefer Vista (SP1 64bit) over XP any day.
    I've encountered a few crashes with CC3, but I haven't used CC long enough to know whether that was something OS specific or not.
  • While I do agree that Windows 7 beats Vista hands down I'm not sure yet if it beasts xp. I only used xp in 32 bit mode, but now that I bought a 64 it system I was given vista with it. In any case, 64 bit is the way to go for CC3 since the application is allocated near unlimited memory which has sped up CC3 by light years. Windows xp 32 bit was great for stability, but I feared pressing redraw on big and complicated maps. Windows 7 64 bit aleviates that hassle.
  • Excuse me for being uninformed, but I thought Windows 7 would not run any XP programs?
  • JoeyD473JoeyD473 Betatester 🖼️ 2 images Traveler
    Windows 7 is supposed to have a Win XP compatibility mode which allows the OS to act just like Win XP.