DD3 Random Dungeon problem

Hi there!

I recently bought DD3 (together with some other piece of ProFantasy's software) in addition to my CC3/CD3 licences. I still have to play a bit with it, but I was immediatly intriqued by the "random dungeon generator" (for which I installed the patch too).
Well, I don't understand if I do something wrong or not, but when I try to produce a random dungeon the resul is always a bunch of randomly scattered corridor pieces. And every piece is let alone. No connection between them. No nothing...

Anyone has any idea about this issue? And tell me if I shall upload a sample image of this, if it can help to understand my problem ;-)

Thanks!

Ambro

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Posted By: Eriorfor which I installed the patch too
    Uh.. What patch? To my knowledge, there is no patch for the random dungeon generator, only the addon itself, which you can download from your registration page.

As for your problem, this is usually caused by incorrect default symbol scale. The random dungeon generator only works properly on standard DD3 maps. To use it with other maps, access the drawing properties and set the symbol scale to 1, that should result in proper continuous corridors (Although they might end up being rather large depending on the map)
  • Posted By: MonsenUh.. What patch?
    There is a patch for the random dungeon generator in the registration page. And the problem, as I just found out, was not the symbol scale.
    Simply the macro did not like the "Metric" template!!!!! It only works correctly (at least to my findings) with the non-metric DD3 template. Non that bad as a bug, but still...

Anyway, I'm happy that is not my installation that went wrong ;-)
    edited June 2009
    Actually, it does work on the Metric templates too, once you change the default symbol scale. But of course, changing the symbol scale results in wider corridors, which might not be particularly desired :(

As a workaround, you can draw it using a symbol scale of 1, then scale the resulting corridors (scale it to 0.3048 to get the correct conversion to metric size)
  • Hm... more or less clear. But where should I change the default symbol scale?
    edited June 2009
    File -> Drawing Properties

You'll notice that dungeon/floorplan maps using imperial measurements have a symbol scale of 1 in this box, while (most of) the metric ones have 0.3048 (1m multiplied by 0.3048 = 1 foot)
  • Ok, I see the point now.
    Your way did the trick and, as for the "larger corridors" you pointed out somewhere higher in this topic, I think that is not a big issue, if even any. Actually, the width of 1 square piece of corridor remains 5 units both in metric and non-metric. I did not investigate the proportions of the corridor with the walls but it should be the same and, visually, it is.

Many thanks for your help Monsen!
    Posted By: EriorActually, the width of 1 square piece of corridor remains 5 units both in metric and non-metric.
    True, and there lies the problem. Because on maps using imperial units, one units equal 1 foot, while on metric maps, one unit equals 1m. Therefore, the corridors end up 5 feet = 1.5m wide on imperial maps, and 5m wide on metric maps.

Proportions would remain the same though, there is no visual difference, the only difference lies in the actual meaning of a map unit for the two types of maps.

Posted By: EriorMany thanks for your help Monsen!
    Happy yo be of assistance. Happy mapping.