april 2008 annual Gwynnin

I was just now able to get the 2008 annual, and one of the first things I wanted to try were doing towers on walls like in Gwynnin, but It doesn't say how, and I can't seem to figure it out. I went through the sheets and effects pdf, and the description pdf, but no luck. Did I miss something? Please help.....

Comments

• I have browsed all my CD3 catalogs and didn't found something looking like that.
    It doesn't mean it doesn't exist but seems hard to find.
    You might better create a symbol of your own.
    Use Symbols->Symbol Manager->New->Click a box-like corners to get a new window.
    Draw whatever you want (you'd probably want the same properties as the walls so check before in the advanced tool manager)
    Don't forget to add Symbols->Add Control Points->place a diameter and be sure Align on Placement is checked.

Hope it helps.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    edited June 2009
    Those towers in the map are not actually symbols, but simply two circles stacked on top of each other. The sheet effects on the WALLS and WALLS TOP sheet give them the correct look.

You can simply draw one of your towers using the Circle command (make sure to have all the correct properties set), then use COPY to add any other towers along the wall.

Or use the attached symbol instead. It automatically splits the tower unto the two sheets (WALLS and WALLS TOP).
  • Thanks guy, appreciate all the help!
  • You'll laugh at this. I tried and tried to find that tower symbol myself or how it was created. I finally made some circles, copied them around where I need towers, turned on the sheet effects and tadah! I didn't know that was how they were made on the example map.