Overall CC3 Problems

Don't know what happened. I haven't touched the program in a while and when I open it up, everything is moved or disappeared. So, I had to reset and fix all paths to templates and symbols. Next, I find that everything is just in a weird position. For example, the symbol selection list is like...on the right side instead of on the usual left, and alot of the tool options are missing on the right side like bringing symbols to the front or moving behind. Is there a way to set everything to default?

Man...I'm a little bit pissed at spending 40+ bucks on a program that just goes whack all the time.. CC2 was much more stable than this piece of junk.

Comments

• I've had both CC2 and CC3 with the various add-ons as well. The only error I get is the occasional "FastCad has encountered an error and must close" but I did have some issues when I converted over from CC2.

You might try backing up all of your map and user files to a different location and then un-installing the program files, deleting their directories, and then reinstalling the program into a clean folder. Afterword, move your maps and user directories into the new folder and see if that helps.

I suggest this only because I had some issues with the conversion from CC2 to CC3 but after doing the steps above everything seems to work just fine.

Hope it helps you out because CC3 is a far better mapping package than CC2 and I'd hate for you to give up on it. The Sheet effects alone make it worth the money in my opinion.
  • BidmaronBidmaron Traveler
    And let's not forget the arcane installation order you had to follow on CC2 or the cartography Gods would doom your install. For those of us who are big fans of CC3, calling it a piece of junk is not very likely to get you the help you need.
  • 3 months later
  • trechrirontrechriron Newcomer
    edited September 2009
    I am very frustrated in the money I have invested and I spend more time trying to make the program work than I do using it.

I even worked out an install order and the thing STILL crashes when I try and load a symbol catalog from SS1. I think this software needs to be updated to work with Vista (x32 and x64) and the latest .NET library. I think an installer needs to be created that compiles all add-ons and upgrades from your computer and installs them in the correct order, with correct files, regardless of what you own. I am not sure why updates for CC3 are taking so long or why we can't get this thing stable, but calling it a piece of junk is closer to a truth I don't want to admit. This kind of practice would not be put up with from other software companies. I just wish we could get faster more proactive work on all these problems.

But I tell ya this. If PF wants to refund me ALL my money for my purchases, I will gladly walk away quietly and find an alternative to my mapping needs. I would prefer they just fix the problems and let me get back to creating...