DD3 has no symbol catalogs, and other issues.

Hello!

I'm a complete and total noob, so please bear with me.

I recently bought the Humble Bundle, started downloading and installing the items, briefly browsed the CC3 manual, and opened the program just to poke around a bit.

Almost everything appears to be working, except for two problems.

When I click on the Dungeon Menu, then on Cave, Containers and Treasure, etc, it opens a window to select catalog setting, but there is nothing to select. On other menus (Cities, Perspectives, Castles) clicking on the buttons in the same area gives me symbols to use on the left. When I right click on Dungeon Menu, and click on DD3 Examples Maps, there is nothing, but if I do the same on the other menus, after a bit of lag time I am offered assorted maps to choose from.

I suspect this problem may be because, unknowingly, I installed DD3 first, then CC3+, then the rest of the Humble Bundle. I have tried running the DD3 install again to repair, which did not work, then tried running it again to uninstall, and yet again to install, but that did not work either. I have downloaded and run the CC3+ patch, but it was the same version anyway.

Another issue I am having, that may just be me not knowing where to look, is that I can't seem to find the maps from the "Battle Map and Floorplan Collection" anywhere to load. Are these files finished maps that cannot be loaded into CC3+ for modification? (for clarity, I can find the images to view or print, I'm just wondering if the FCW files are hiding somewhere).

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    I think I haven't tried to help anyone who installed DD3 first before, so I'd better suggest that you contact PF Tech Support from your account page for that part. It's the rightmost tab labelled "Support"

Unfortunately I don't know enough about the bundle to be able to say what exactly those parts of it are that you can't find or load. They sound like ready made maps to me, but I am only guessing by the type of name - and since you are likely to be contacting support anyway, you could also check what they are.
  • edited July 2020
    Using this alternate installer that the ProFantasy support sent me worked. Everything is fine now.

EDIT (Ralf): Removed link
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    I'm so glad your problem is solved now, Chrysoprace :)

However, the solution to your problem is not necessarily the solution to someone else's problem, since all problems are solved on a user by user basis, so it would probably be better to remove that reference to the download you were given ;)