SS4 - Default Room instead of Add Room

Hi all,

I was watching Ralf's tutorial video about mapping a dungeon and cave with SS4 Dungeon of Schley. In the video he showed an Add Room dialog box.
When I tried on my computer with CC 3+ and SS4 I got a Default Room instead of Add Room function. I do have the matter with the Corridor tool, too.

Does anybody know how to change the function?

Thanks.

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Try clicking the little brown DD3 button on the top toolbar, and see if that changes the situation. I had the same problem myself a couple of days ago.
  • clithgowclithgow Traveler
    I found this as well - You have to click back and forth between the SS4 & the DD button depending on if you want the room tools to act like DD or if you want to the SS4 symbols on the palette. (To be fair it does mention that you have to do this in the mapping guide included with SS4 and the Tome.)

That being said - I've actually found that the maneuvering of the symbol palettes and navigating the different styles to be one of the hardest things about CC3+ (even after having read the Tome & manuals.) I wonder if a live video of focusing on maneuvering the palettes might be a good idea. I'd watch it!
  • That little workaround solved the problem. However, on Ralf's video it looked like it is set "on" by default
    Anyway, thanks to both of you.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    He probably had DD3 selected beforehand ;)