Issue 12 "Annual 2007" not complete in theory!

Okay, I got an issue with the Annual "Creating your own Style", So what if I wish to create a drawing tool, that use a bitmap from the CSUAC. I looked into it and it does give you the option to use other bitmaps, than the ones in the list. Why is this and how do you go about adding or correcting this. That issue does not cover enough I think.

Comments

• One other thing, I tried to create a new tool, and when I did change the bitmap used on the new tool. It also changed on the one I created it from. I would never need two of the same tool in the template.
  • 1. To use a bitmap (as a fill style I suppose) you must first define the new fill style.
    Open the fill style dialog and select bitmap fill. Click new, enter a name, then click find to locate the bmp.
    Adjust settings and you're done. Your new fill style is ready to be used in the usual manner or in a drawing tool.
    Posted By: Raven_StarhawkeIt also changed on the one I created it from
    2. Is the new style also the current fill style ?
    Some tools do not have a specific fill style but use (and show) the current one (the one displayed one the FS right upper box of the CC3 window).

I just tried all I told you and noticed a lot of tools displayed the new filling style. That's because after 1. the newly defined bitmap fill style was set to currently selected fill style (an option in the fill style dialog, though...)

Hope it helps.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Take a look at the "Import Bitmap Fill Styles" help file entry. That explains how to import new bitmap fill styles into a drawing which you can then use in drawing tools.

And Joachim is right, many drawing tools use the "curent fill style" as their fill. These will change their look depending on the currently selected fill. Otherwise tools only change when they are saved.