Add-ons won't play nice together ...

OK, looking for some ideas of what may be wrong here ....

I'm running an older laptop with Windows 8.1

Installing the Humble Bundle (great deal for a lot of awesome software).

During the course of installing it all I've come up with a bit of a weird issue with these last two components of the suite.

One of the first add-ons I installed after CC3+ was Battle Maps. Everything else installed in what I assume was decent shape. I started CC3+ after every new addition with no problems that I could see ... until I got to Token Treasury.

I installed Battle Maps and Floorplan Collection (BMFC) and selected the option to create a separate folder for artwork. It installed to the directory as expected. It created a shortcut on my desktop to the folder.

When I ran the Token Treasury (TT) installer, it literally blew away the BMFC install. As soon as Install Aware does its verification and calls up the individual product install ppage, the folder was deleted, the entry on my Programs and Features panel was disabled and delivered a "Program appears to have been uninstalled" message and the desktop shortcut disappears. If I proceed witht he install, the TT installer went into what I can only call hibernation. 0.0% CPU activity. It just sits there.

I dumped out of the TT installer, removed the dead Programs and Features (PaF) entry and reinstalled BMFC to the separate folder as before. I then attempted to install TT and the same result.

I dumped out a second time, deleted the dead PaF and attempted a third install of BMFC. This time I unselected the checkbox for a separate artwork folder. The install copied the files to /ProgramData/. I monitored this folder as I attempted a third install of TT. Same basic result. All of the BMFC material was deleted from my Programd Data folder, and the PaF entry again reports it as "already unistalled".

So, I reversed the process.

I installed TT and designated a separate artwork folder. The TT install flew through the process and set everything up as expected, just like the BMFC install.

I started the BMFC install and watched the TT material get blown away.

Its like the two won't both install on the same computer.

I'm kind of frustrated at this point with the amount of time I've put in trying to figure out what the issue ishere.

Anyone else have some ideas?

Comments