Changing between Default Terrain

I have been working on a map and I really like the initial Terrain settings for water and landmass in the CC3 plus tool set. However, I also like Terrain Elements from the Mike Schley collection. When I try to change between the two, the symbols 'blank'.

Comments

• Attached is what happens to the Terrain from Mike Schley. The come in without their 'fills'
  • I start with the CC3 plus style and then want to switch to Mike Schley's style. What happens is that Mike Schley's style no longer has the 'fills'. Please note the two images.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    The drawing tools for the different styles depend on the correct fills already being defined in the map. If you wish to use drawing tools from a "foreign" style, you need to import the correct fills first.

The best way to do this is to just have a standard map of the appropriate style ready. For example, to use the Mike Schley Overland tools in a CC3 overland style map, make a blank map in the Mike Schley style. Now, in your actual map, use Draw -> Insert file, and browse to and pick the blank Schely style map you made. Once you hit Open in the dialog, the map should appear as an outline on your cursor, ready to place. At this point, simply hit Esc to abort the insertion.
    There are several other ways to do this, but this is generally the quickest.
  • Monsen, thank you so much. That worked perfectly.