Humble Bundle!

Hey, did you saw this???

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/maps-extravaganza-software

What about these Floorplans and the Battle Maps collections? I never heard about then!

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Not sure about every map in there, but most of them seems to come from previous annual issues, collected in a nice set for new users.
  • pool7pool7 Traveler
    I'm afraid to ask... I see the $25 tier includes a 1-year license for CC3+. Is ProFantasy moving to a subscription-based model? If so, will the existing lifetime license model remain in parallel?
    And out of curiosity: after the 1-year ends, does the software stop working? Or does it become read-only (ie. viewer)? Or maybe it uninstalls itself?
    I don't have all the details on how this is going to work, but no, PF is not moving to a subscription based model. This is a special case for the bundle. (Note that the limited version is only for the lower tier of the bundle, if you pay for the higher tiers, you'll get a normal license instead.)
  • I just purchased this and I'm learning about the site and what not. Do I need any of the annual packs or can I design maps with just this bundle?
  • edited June 2020
    I just bought the maps and want to use them with roll20 and after covid19 just print them. Some of them are nice. How can I remove the text, so my players don't know that the dungeon they entered is called "lair of monster X"? And the name of each room (kitchen with secret passage to the the sleeping room). And why are there monsters painted on some of the maps? Can you release a version without the monsters? And maybe a version without a grid?
    @Rofocale: As long as you bought more than just the bare minimum bundle, it included Campaign Cartographer 3+, which is the core product, and all you really need to start mapping. The annuals and other add-ons are quite nice of course, but not a requirement.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    I only had CC3+ for the first year I was mapping. I looked at everything else with envious eyes, but that didn't stop me from making maps :)

It's even easier these days. Back when I was a newbie (actually its only 4 years ago) CC3+ didn't have any dungeon or city tools included. It does now.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    @ humble_bundle_custom - You can either delete the text, or move it onto a new layer and hide the layer. I would leave it on the same sheet, though ;)
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    I know some of the map exports have the text on them, which is a bit unfortunate. I'll be creating textless versions and update the download in a bit. I've had several requests for this.
  • @Monsen Thanks! Yeah, I bought the $30 bundle for the lifetime licence. Glad to hear I can just get to work with it (barring any learning curve for the program lol)
    Posted By: Rofocalebarring any learning curve for the program
    Don't hesitate to drop in an ask questions if you run into problems.
  • caveCrawlercaveCrawler Traveler
    edited June 2020
    I have a question about the HB. The only things I am missing are the Castles and Temples, Tombs add-ons. If I get the HB can I gift the rest of it to someone else?
    edited June 2020
    Technically no, from the license agreement:
    Products purchased as part of a bundle, collection, or patron license are not severable and must be transferred in their entirety.
    But you can always try emailing ProFantasy and ask if something can be worked out.
  • Hi Folks, got the full bundle, followed the install order instructions on the site (Intall CC3+, run & close, install add-ons, install patch) and immediately hit a snag.

Clicking file\new my Map Types list is empty, and just trying to use any tool on the landing page (which just so happens to be specifically be "Welcome to the Token Treasury Monsters") I try to click on says "no matching drawing tool".

I think that as it has been installed in a different directory to default it's all got a bit jumbled up, and the software is unusable.
    Has any body else encountered this? Is there a way to fix it and get all the tools working without having to reinstall it?
    Shouldn't normally be a problem changing the default directory (as long as that directory is still accessible to CC3+ now). But if the map type list is empty, it basically means that CC3+ cannot find it's data directory for some reason.

Can you try typing OPENDOC @ at the CC3+ command line, and hit enter? this should bring up an explorer window showing the CC3+ data directory. Does this open up the expected directory (the one you chose during the installation wizard), or do you get any error messages?

The error messages from the button when on the welcome page isn't anything to be concerned on. The buttons presents the correct tools based on the map style, and that welcome screen isn't a "proper" map, so there aren't expected to be any tools here.

Where CC3+ is looking for it's data directory is stored in the file c:\program files (x86)\ProFantasy\CC3Plus\@.ini. You can open that file in a text editor and check that the path inside it does indeed point to the directory you specified in the installation wizard.
  • Thanks for coming back to me Monsen!

Sorry for skipping your steps but I went ahead and tried to reinstall it in the default directory and no change still nothing in the map type directories, but this time it is just a grid not the monster pack splash screen.

I am afraid I am not sure where the command line is to type OPENDOC, sorry!

I checked that .ini file though which does show the correct location.

You mentioned error messages while on a welcome page isnt anything to be concerned about, but if it's relevant I was trying the buttons across the top as I saw one of the first things on a tutorial video do was click on those (though he didn't say to actually click it). If I press the Map, Dungeon or City buttons it throws up error messages of "Campaign Cartographer 3 does not understand the command: LOAD<###>", however the castle and temple buttons dont show errors but still do nothing...

Any more help on how to get this program running and access all this content I just installed twice would be greatly appreciated!
    hmm. Not sure what is going on here, but it looks weird. CC3+ is actually finding the directory, since the menus work, although there are clearly things missing here.

I suggest you take this to tech support. Just log in to your registered user page, you'll find the form there.
  • Thanks for your help Monsen, I have tried a couple of reinstalls and following the different installation order guidelines but still no luck - but dropped 'em a message like you said and if I can get it working I will share on here in case any other newcomers have trouble like myself.
  • Command line is just start typing, with no commands already running.

Its at the bottom of CC3+.
  • Thanks Jim P, I'll remember that.

If anyone else runs into anything similar:

*Possible Solution*

I have had success with help from the Support team. After running the CC3+ setup again and choosing "Repair" it has found the correct directories and fixed it's links and I now have access to all the expected map types and features.

I can't wait to sink my teeth into this software!
  • Its a good incline to learning it, but I made/make lots of maps with it.