Using CC with a Mac on Bootcamp, does it work without any issues?

I'm considering going all-Mac, but running Windows on it using Bootcamp for the Windows stuff I need. Does anyone already do this, and if so is it ostensibly exactly the same as running it on a non-Mac?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    I can't talk from experience since I am not a Mac user, but if you are going the bootcamp route, there shouldn't be any differences at all. After all, this means actually running Windows directly on the Mac hardware, and the hardware isn't really different from standard PC hardware, you just need to have the right drivers, and apple provides those.
    The most annoying thing about using bootcamp is that you have to reboot your Mac to go into it, so you won't have access to Mac programs and Windows programs at the same time, which is why many Mac users uses other options, like virtualization through VMWare Fusion or Parallels, or if it is just CC3+ and not other Mac softaware they need, using Wine/Crossover.
  • Thanks, that's what I assumed. The only thing that I'm slightly concerned about is video card drivers and so on. I haven't done anything graphics-intensive with my wimpy Air, so I don't have any experience with running Windows or VMs on a Mac.
  • CC3+ doesn't use the video card that I know of.
  • Great, thanks for the info.