Suggestions welcome.

After getting a bit of help for something, I saw this area of the boards and figured..why not? I'm making a serious attempt at a map for once, and though I'm probably gonna add things like smaller cities, forts, caves and other questable areas if and when I use it as an actual campaign map, I figured working out rest of it would be a good start. So, this is what I have so far and am pretty much ready for other parts (rivers, lakes, forests, cliffs etc.) So, take a look and i'll listen to suggestions for ideas on the world.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    The first things that strike me is the shape. It follows the border a bit too much, making it look unnatural and rectangular. You should try to get a bit more of an organic shape on the landmass, don't be afraid to have large areas of ocean. Consider making the main direction of the coastline at a bit of an angle, instead of parallel with the border.
    The mountains on the other side also seems to follow the rectangular shape a bit too conveniently. Do you really need mountains on both the top and right edge here?
  • Have you looked at the Jon Roberts or Mike Schley overland styles that come with basic cc3+.
    I agree with Monsen. If you need barriers, then consider hills and deserts or lava badlands or tundra/ice or combinations to make one side a barrier other than mountaisn
  • Well, to that question, Monsen, In my mind, this is only a part of a larger continent, not shown yet as I don't know how much the world would be used. The mountains to the north and east are part of a larger range which walls the land out from the rest of the world. I suppose I COULD erase the lower section of the mountains a bit and put a forest or swamp there extending west a bit to indicate a way through the mountains to the rest of the land.