Setting coastlines/shallows

I'm following the CC3+ tutorial on Youtube by Joe Sweeny, and I'm running across a problem or two. FIrst off, I can get the land drawn, then start working on the coastline, shallows using the "default sea" button as he does. When my land dissappears afterwards, I hit redraw but the land does not reappear. I have to go into sheets and move the land further down till it does. THough it didn't seem like he did..he just hit redraw. Also, I get a blue line surrounding my land that, when i put mountains near the coast the blue line of the coast overlaps the mountains after I move the map zoom out. Any way to prevent that? When I hit redraw, it's still there. Am I gonna have to just move the mountain layer again?

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Sheets, not layers :) (I have to correct that every time I see it... and it happens all the time, don't worry... so that people reading this in the future don't get confused).

Try moving the COASTLINE sheet up the list so that it is either just above or just below the LAND sheet, depending on your personal preference. That way it won't get in the way of any of the other sheets at all.
  • edited June 2020
    ok how about this. I've also had the shallows area disappear on me..(the lighter blue area that appears when doing the coastline as shown in his video. SO that only the blue line of the coastline appears instead. what would cause that. will move the sheet though.

*edit* Strike that..went back to the video..realised i was using the wrong button and that's why i didn't see it anymore. @_@. was using the default sea button instead of the contours button. lol. but thanks for the tip about the coastline.