Connecting a corridor to an angled room

Me again. How do you ensure a corridor connects to a room that is angled? If I carry the corridor into the room and click, it just tries to connect to one wall, but if I click at the corner of the room, it only finishes the bottom wall (as picture). In this instance, I don't need a door, just an opening. I need the top wall to join where the red arrow is pointing to and remove the room wall indicated by the blue squiggles.

Comments

• I've now got a little further using the edit commands. Now I just need to delete the room wall where it intersects. I'm getting there.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited June 2020
    The wall tool isn't smart enough to handle ending on a corner, it expects to break exactly one wall. The "missing" (red arrow) part happens because it is connected to the lower of the two walls, and the cutoff point is calculated by "lengthening" that wall.
    The reason the blue isn't cut off is partially because the corridor connects to the lower wall, so the upper won't be touched anyway, and additionally, the cut won't work because it extents beyond the length of the wall.

To to this, you'll need to do some manual entity manipulation. You can remove the walls by using Break image or the other trim tools, and you can lengthen the short wall by just moving the node with Node Edit image.

Edit: I see you've already progressed while I was writing this. I'll leave it be in case it still helps you.
  • edited June 2020
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited June 2020
    You may want to join those wall segments into a continuous path, then you don't get those gaps where walls meet a different angles. Combine Path is generally helpful here.