Roads Overlapping - How to fix this?

Just in case, already got the update (which deleted my map, but THANKFULLY my OS made a backup) and I can't figure out which Sheet that Structures are under.

Also besides this issue, The Layers & Sheets, is what is listed First considered to be on the Bottom?

Just for the sake of it - People do search online and wanna know - If CC3 (regular/Plus) deletes your map but you did save it & edit it recently, for Windows Users, open "Recent Files" and you should find the backup there. I've been there and believe me, not fun thinking your work is all gone. If AutoSave is on, then it should have saved backup then, just open the autosave.fcw, but if both those don't yield any relief, then your map is truly gone & you'll have to start over.

Comments

• JimPJimP 🖼️ 280 images Cartographer
    edited June 2020
    Sheet at the top.of the list is drawn first, bottom sheet in the list is drawn last.

Structures are symbols so they are on the symbols sheet.

You should have sheet order

Roads
    Symbols

On my cell phone.
  • Thank you, that fixed the issue :)
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    If the update deleted your map then it is saved in the wrong place.

The best place to save them is in a subfolder of your Documents folder.
  • Well it's where I've seen the tutorial vids save them & where it saves them by default. I've tried to make it save the maps elsewhere, but keeps saving them where the install directory is.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Before you edited your first comment it read as if the latest CC3 update had overwritten your map. The only way it would have done that is if the map had been saved within one of the Profantasy folders.

No worries. At least it wasn't lost :)
  • Posted By: GyrannonWell it's where I've seen the tutorial vids save them & where it saves them by default. I've tried to make it save the maps elsewhere, but keeps saving them where the install directory is.
    I've been having a similar problem: whenever I try to save a new map it starts in the install directory and I have find the one I really want to put it in. Does anyone else have this problem? (It wasn't always this way but it has been for a few years now.)
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Posted By: DaltonSpenceI've been having a similar problem: whenever I try to save anewmap it starts in the install directory and I have find the one Ireallywant to put it in. Does anyone else have this problem?
    No. It always seems to remember the last directory used for me. And if that directory is missing, it defaults to my Documents directory.

Also, when you say the install directory, do you really mean the install directory, or the data directory? I don't think I've ever seen CC3+ go to the install directory for any reason, but it frequently goes to the data directory when trying to open things as symbol catalogs, templates and such, which all live there.
  • My Data Directory: E:\CC3Plus
    My Maps Directory: D:\Maps
    Install Directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\ProFantasy\CC3Plus

Yes, I start off in the last one but save the maps in the second one. Is there supposed to be a pointer file that records the last directory saved to?