Set Default Size of Trees: HOW?

I've looked through the bloody manual and through the forums here, there HAS TO be a way to change the default size of ALL trees.

I read, they are scaled to the size of your map, which is honestly incredibly dumb. I don't want them to scale with the size of my map, I want them to be smaller than mountains, not 100x larger.

I've used set the individual trees to be at a normal (makes sense level) of size, but when I try to change the scaling and whatever for the Tree Tools (where you create an area and they appear when you finish connecting the nodes - like in the tutorial vids for making large amounts of trees without having to click numerous times while it cycles through different trees), it ALWAYS reverts back to their ridiculously huge size.

I am getting extremely pissed with how CC3+ refuses to cooperate. If I have to go into the files themselves and change them there to where they are not insanely huge, I will do that if I must.

And just in case, I know about manually resizing just before I place individual trees, that is not what I want to do. Please save me from this unbelievable issue I'm dealing with.

Comments

• Click on a tree symbol, right click and a popup shows. Click on Set Normal.

Place the tree on the map.

If it still looks huge, erase the tree with the ERA command.

This sounds like a template problem, but I'm not sure. Most templates resize symbols correctly.

If the Scale in the popup mentioned above is 1.0, change it to 0.5 and place the tree.

If still too big, try 0.25. I have had to do this rarely, but it does happen.

I think you should put in a tech support request. They typically get back to such requests quickly.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    The forest tools uses the default symbol size for the map, not whatever value you used to place them manually.
    You can easily change this value by clicking Drawing Properties image and changing the default symbol scale. This is also the value that gets used in the symbol parameters dialog when you hit 'Set Normal'.