Symbols for map created in SS5

I have lost my Cities of Schley buttons for the different types of Schley Symbols.

I had just installed all the Annuals to my PC and upon creating a new map in the Cities of Schley style, I had the DD3 Buttons. so I clicked CD3 and just got the CD3 Buttons. I have been able to navigate to the SS5 Symbol Set and open it but I now have to scroll through the entire catalog to find the symbol im looking for.

I feel I have just missed something or I am being too picky - but I loved those buttons !

thank you for any advise

Q

"Darren"

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Try re-running the latest CC3+ update. It is always a good idea to do that after installing add-ons, since it will also update those add-ons with any available fixes.
  • Thank you for the quick Response. running the update 25 again has not fixed it - I had to run it twice the first time I got an error
  • ran the update a second time and it updated successfully
    edited June 2020
    Yea, that error sometimes crop up. Ralf's had a hard time finding the cause of it. But it is safe just clicking 'ignore' on that prompt, and that should let the install finish successfully.
  • 6 days later
  • Cities of Schley buttons still missing when opening a new city map with the Schley Settings.
    Is there a button just for SS5 in the row with DD3 and CD3 ?

I was also wondering about the order in which I installed everything. Is there a proper order to install the addons ?

Thank you
    Quayuaze ( Darren )
    Yes, there should be a SS5 button there.
    If buttons are missing, you can try closing down CC3+ and running the CC3menuconfig.exe file found in the CC3+ data directory. (It runs completely silently, without any messages)

There is no required install order. Only important thing is that you already have CC3+ itself installed before installing any add-ons, and that you (re-)install the latest update after you are done installing add-ons.
  • I decided to look at the “make sure CC3+” was in stalled. I don’t think it was, but every thing else was there. So I uninstalled ALL CC3+ items from the control panel. Upon in stalling this fresh new in stall I took notes. I have gotten stuck again at a “FastCad: Menu File Not found”.
    Here is my install order and notes:

Installing to new SSD C:/ drive 2TB so plenty of space. (Anti- Virus [BullGuard] is off PC Not connected to the network.

CC3PlusSetup394

CC3PlusUpdate25
    At this point buttons for DD3 & CD3 show up while not yet installed (???)

CD3setupForCC3Plus

DD3setupForCC3plus

SS1SetupForCC3Plus
    After the install of SS1 had this error - FastCad: Menu File not found-

CC3PlusUpdate25
    Buttons Back ! Seems all is OK

SS2SetUpForCC3Plus
    Had to validate registration -Done- then open CC3+ and no buttons -FastCad: Menu File not found-

CC3PlusUpdate25
    Seems to be running fine

SS4setupForCC3Plus
    All is OK and the button for SS4 has appeared

SS5setup
    no buttons -FastCad: Menu File not found-

CC3PlusUpdate25
    No change

CC3PlusUpdate25 a second time
    No change
    Then thought about CC3 menuConFig.
    Found it and ran it as administrator - - no buttons -FastCad: Menu File not found-

To sure what my next step should be ? At least I have what I did from a fresh install for some one to look at.

Thank you very much for all your help and time.

Quayuazue
    (Darren)
    Seems you get some weird errors there.
    I think your best bet is to just contact support and have them resolve this for you. The tech support form is available by logging in to your registered users page.

I did notice that you mentioned your PC was not connected to the network. It might be useful to be connected when installing the components, as they do fetch the newest menu configuration file from the internet if possible. I don't know if that will help you, but if possible, it might be worth re-installing update 25 while connected so it can do that.
  • Looking back at my old cd’s - it looks like they are all upgrades of the last , going back to CC2.
    Would it be necessary to go back and start with my old old cd and install all the upgrades.

Wanted to ask here while Mark at tech support is trying to figure out what I have done to break things...lol

Darren
    No, there is no need to start with the old versions CC2 is a completely different install from CC3 which again is separate to CC3+. The upgrades is really just a pricing thing, there is no such things as upgrade versions of the installers.
  • I tried installing CC3+ using the setup downloaded from my down load page at profantasy on my laptop that was restored to new at the first of the year.
    The exact same result for this computer as well. Is it possible that my down loaded installer is "bad"? lap top and desktop having the same issue seems weird … no ?

Darren
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Make sure that all your installers have been freshly downloaded from the site. Old installers that have been sitting around in your download folder for a while may not work correctly.
  • Fresh Down loads from website with the same results on 2 of my computers - what have I done ? oh my, I can only wonder what I did on both to cause such a ruckus
    Ralf has sent a new Download but I am having the same issue on both computers … might have to restore them both. ? I feel it has to be some thing I have done for this to happen on both pcs.
    sending results to Ralf "the Pirates Cartographer" (lol) and ask about if I should do the restore.

Q
    Darren
  • taustinoctaustinoc Surveyor
    Are you, by any chance, using the same anti-virus on both computers? Or any other common software?
  • And right clicking and install as admin ?
  • Got things Sorted ... had loads of help from Ralf & Mark and all of you in the forums, and two friends that know Windows ... sent this to Ralf and Mark at ProFantasy support.

..................................................................................

Solved !

I had a tech friend look into my OS settings and check if there was something on my end fouling it all up.
    My account on the computer (the only one) was not set as an administrator and the windows defender firewall was not turning off as intended because I was not an Admin. My AV turned off normally and I did not think about Windows firewall becoming active.

I am sorry for all the head ache I have caused. Thank you guys very much for all you help with this issue. Thank you for such a wonderful Program ! You guys & gals are the best.

Thanks again for everything
    Darren McDowell
    Great.

Now have fun mapping :)