Weird color problem in textures

Hellow everyone,

I've been using CC3 for a few now, and applied the standard tools of it with descent results (or at least descent enough results)...
Recently, i've started trying to play with custom textures...

Took me a while to figure out how to create them properly (outside CC3), but i finally managed
and i found out in this forum how to import them in CC3 (Tools menu > Import Bitmap Fill Style.... which, strangely enough, only accept PNG ;op)

But try as i might, colors are all weird when i do that (see attachment)

Definitively, there's something i'm missing here, but what is it ?
Does anybody have an idea on how i can import my textures without them turning purple ?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Do you have any effects on for the sheets you are using these with. What happens if you simply turn effects off?

How do they appear in the preview window in the fill style dialog? Do the colors appear correct there?
  • They're purple in the preview window
    No effect on the sheets they're in, and completely turning them off changes nothing (well, they're purple to begin with.... so no real surprise there)
    And I assume if you try to import them into a completely different map, the same happens?

hmm. That's weird. Can you attach one of the texture you are trying to import here so I can have a look at it.
  • edited May 2020
    yeah, same thing in different maps

here is one of them :)

Thanks a ton for trying to help :)
    hmm. I tested on multiple different versions, but I cannot replicate your problem. The texture always imports just fine for me.

Does it make a difference if you check the 'Create other resolutions' or not in the import dialog? (The extra files are only created if they don't already exists, so for both tests, you should start from scratch with an empty folder only containing the single file you attached above).
  • jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    Make sure that you have the current update installed. A long time ago, there was a bug in certain effects that would swap the red and blue channels of images, making warm tones (reddish) into cool ones (blueish).

It's also possible that your PNG files have the red and blue channels swapped automatically. What OS and software did you use to create these images?
  • edited May 2020
    Tried to create other resolutions, all available, problem is the same everytime.

Used GIMP to create the base .BMP and Paint to turn it into .PNG...
    but problem doesn't seem to be with the file if Monsen doesn't have it...

Currently using CC3+ 3.90,
    gonna redownload and see if it works better...

edit :
    Ok, fixed my problem with the weirdest thing.... the name of the folder i was storing my files in had a -ï- in it, replaced it with a standard -i- and tried again, it worked...
    not sure why...

Thanks guys for the help :)
    Well, that is weird.

Glad you found a solution. You should still update your CC3+ if you haven't already though, there have been a couple of fixes since 3.90.
  • taustinoctaustinoc Surveyor
    Out of curiosity, what language do you have Windows set to use?
  • Windows is set to french

Yeah, i did update to latest version :)
  • taustinoctaustinoc Surveyor
    A number of programs have issues with accented characters, even when the language is set to one that uses them. MapTool has fits with it in places you wouldn't expect, like the user name for Windows, for instance.