Rendering with Lighting weird behavior

So I've made a map of a Ziggurat for a friend that is making a charity module, and I'm exporting the map for him, when I get this effect in the render. It's a pretty standard dungeon map; I used several lights on the top level to convey that it's the surface, and lit. In CC3+ this is the appearance pre-export:

7446e03b9b.png

But then when I render it (4200x6000) after 9 passes I get this result:

2fb20d397c.png

Any ideas what is causing this? I've tried dropping the resolution, lowering/removing anti-aliasing, not sure what else to try.

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    That's because your export settings force the export to do several passes, and light sources from one section (pass) do not transfer properly to the next one.

Try increasing the MaxPixelPerPass setting, by typing EXPORTSETMPPP at the command line. 60,000,000 is the default - try upping it until CC3+ only has to do one pass during export.
  • Thanks Ralf! Looks great now!

aa9ea43b36.png

Looks like mine was actually at 4,000,000. Should I just leave it at 60,000,000 then?
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    4,000,000 is the default, Ralf was a bit quick with the numbers there. Leaving it at 60,000,000 may be fine (I guess that is what Ralf uses), but I have personally had a few issues with setting it that high for particularly complex maps, so I keep mine at 40,000,000 and up it to 60,000,000 on a case by case basis if I really need it for a map.
  • seycyrusseycyrus Traveler
    Posted By: Monsen4,000,000 is the default, Ralf was a bit quick with the numbers there. Leaving it at 60,000,000 may be fine (I guess that is what Ralf uses), but I have personally had a few issues with setting it that high for particularly complex maps, so I keep mine at 40,000,000 and up it to 60,000,000 on a case by case basis if I really need it for a map.
    Out of curiosity, what issues do you have when it is set that high with a complex map?
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Posted By: Monsen4,000,000 is the default, Ralf was a bit quick with the numbers there. Leaving it at 60,000,000 may be fine (I guess that is what Ralf uses), but I have personally had a few issues with setting it that high for particularly complex maps, so I keep mine at 40,000,000 and up it to 60,000,000 on a case by case basis if I really need it for a map.
    Oops, yes, I forgot that I had already upped the number with my latest install a while ago.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Posted By: seycyrusOut of curiosity, what issues do you have when it is set that high with a complex map?
    Straight up crash to desktop.