Wilbur help files missing

I seem to be missing the help files for Wilbur. I've tried re-running the install executable as admin and repairing the installation, but that didn't work. Anytime I try to open help in the app, I get an error message saying the topic cannot be found in C: \Program Files\Slayton Software\Wilbur 1.89 (64-bit)\Wilbur.CHM nor in c:\program files\slayton software\wilbur 1.89 (64-bit)\htmlhelp\W00020190.html.

Anybody know what causes this or how I can fix it?

Comments

• jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    The Wilbur help files don't ship with the product. I don't recall that last time that it had help files or if it was one of things where there were good intentions, but no real follow-through. The Wilbur site does have a very old document that describes a long-lost version of the software: many of the basics are in there, but a lot of things have changed since that version.

Wilbur isn't a revenue-generating product, meaning that the lack of help files and the poor state of the documentation probably won't be rectified any time soon. I am told that it's much more entertaining to write software than to write documentation.
  • Fair enough. As a one-time Computer Scientist, I both understand and agree that writing documentation is about as fun as shutting one's hand repeatedly in a drawer.