Macro in Drawingtool Keeps Changing

I have made a drawing tool that draws a gray poly and then the attached macro fills in area of the poly white circle. I had it work when I first built it and used the resulting image for the drawing tool. The image below shows what it is supposed to look like.

The issue is that it is replacing the following macro:

SYMFILLLOAD @system\fillers\HI_Floor_Hole.symfill
SELSAVE
SELBYP
SYMFILLM
SELREST

with this from a different style I developed:

ESCLOAD @System/Fillers/HI_Hedge.esc
SELSAVE
SELBYP
ESCM
ERA
SELREST

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    The editor window for macros in macro drawing tools can be a bit fiddly.

What I always do when I create macro drawing tools.

After creating it, but before making the macro, I hit the save button. I then switch to another tool and back to the one I am editing just for good measure.
    I then edit the macro, and once that is done, I hit the Save button again. The drawing tools dialog doesn't pick up on the fact that the macro has changed, so it doesn't offer to save automatically.
    Then, just to check things, I switch to another macro tool, and back to the one I am currently editing, opening up the macro window to check it.

Probably not necessary to do all o that, but that's the habit I've gotten into, and that makes it work as it should each time.

Also note that the macros are stored as separate text files in the same directory as the drawing tool, so you can also edit that directly with a text editor too.
  • roy.dentonroy.denton Traveler
    Thank you, seems to be working okay with these fixes.